Will They Love You In Singapore
As They Do in Seattle?
Are you internationally aware? Take this test:
- You are meeting with a Kuwaiti businessman in his office. You want to break the ice, so you inquire about his wife and children. A smart thing to do?
- When negotiating with a customer in London, she notices a difficult issue on the agenda. She suggest that you table this point. Does that mean she wants to skip it or begin discussing it immediately?
- You are explaining your company’s products to a customer in Japan, and are elated that he keeps nodding his head and saying “yes”. He likes your products, right?
- During a meeting with a client in Mexico City, he takes several phone calls, interrupting the meeting. This behavior is highly unusual, even rude, and you conclude this meeting hasn’t gone well.
- Everyone knows that a firm handshake is generally a sign of confidence. You are surprised at the softness, even weakness, of the handshake of the Chinese you are meeting with. You conclude this will be an easy meeting.
- When doing business in Germany, you would be wise to establish a personal relationship before discussing business. True?
< go back